The following sites have links to FosterDogs.com. To have your site added here, link to us and let us know!
Rescues and Shelters
- ACT Rescue and Foster (Canberra, Australia) - ACT Rescue and Foster (ARF) Inc. is an incorporated association of people in Canberra (Australia) and the surrounding region who rescue dogs from euthanasia and foster them temporarily in our own homes for as long as it takes to find them loving, permanent homes.
- Alexplorer's Foster Dogs
- American Brittany Rescue, Inc. - Formed in 1991 as a cooperative effort of Brittany owners, breeders, trialers, & fanciers who believe we have a responsibility not only for our own dogs and the dogs we produce, but for our breed as a whole. Because many rescue dogs can be traced 1-3 generations back to a recognized breeder, we believe all breeders should take it upon themselves to assist Brittanys in need, in any way they can.
- Ark-Valley Humane Society - Ark-Valley Humane Society offers adoptions of homeless and stray animals from Buena Vista and Salida Colorado.
- Aussie Rescue & Placement Helpline, Inc. - a not-for-profit organization that is comprised of volunteers who are dedicated to the Australian Shepherd breed. These volunteers receive no payment except the sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction found in placing an orphaned Aussie into a loving, caring, and permanent home.
- Blue Sky Dog Rescue - a Mississippi non-profit 501(c)3 organization based near the Mississippi/Tennessee state line. Our pups are cared for 100% by volunteer foster families. We are funded 100% by donations.
- Central Ohio Pomeranian Rescue - COPR is all volunteer based. Our rescued dogs are cared for in foster homes throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Illinois. Our foster homes are dedicated and loving individuals that work on assessing each dog to better understand the kind of family the dog is best suited for.
- Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA - a nonprofit animal welfare organization that provides a safe environment for the lost, abandoned, and homeless animals of Charlottesville and Albemarle County and places them in good homes. We strive to set a standard of excellence and leadership in animal care, humane education, and progressive animal welfare programs.
- Collie Rescue, Inc. (serving Virginia and Maryland) - Our mission is to place stray, abandoned and surrendered collies into loving and permanent homes, educate the public about the collie breed, and promote responsible pet care. Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy haven for all dogs placed in our care until loving, adoptive homes can be found.
- Cullen's Archangel RescuE, Inc. (CARE) (Columbia, SC) - a 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue group formed in late 2003. Our mission is to educate the community about pet care, help animals in need, decrease the amount of strays in our community, and provide shelter for animals who are in need of adoption; including those who are considered 'non-adoptable'. While most of the animals we rescue are cats and dogs, we also rescue farm animals and exotic pets such as birds, reptiles, and rodents.
- Dr. Doug's Vet-Pet Rescue (Chesterfield, MO) - Vet-Pet Rescue was founded by Dr. Doug Pernikoff, a Chesterfield veterinarian with a passion for all things animal, and a calling to provide a safe haven and a second chance for companion animals in need. VPR is an all-volunteer, foster home based, all-breed dog and cat rescue operating out of Chesterfield, Missouri - a suburb of St. Louis. The dogs, cats, puppies and kittens that we rescue stay in the loving homes of our foster families until their new forever homes are found.
- FOWA is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) (nonprofit) rescue organization based in Wayne, NJ serving the North Jersey area, dedicated to the welfare, sheltering and placement of homeless animals.
- Friends of the Animal Shelter - FOTAS is a non-profit organization that supports the programs of the Jackson County Animal Shelter. Our mission is to increase pet adoption, to improve the quality of life for Shelter animals, and to promote spay/neuter.
- Furry Friends Network - A group of animal lovers in Pennsylvania that have decided to work together to facilitate the adoptions of unwanted animals, using a network of foster homes.
- Heart Bandits American Eskimo Dog Rescue is a 501 c (3) non profit foster and volunteer based rescue dedicated to rescuing American Eskimo dogs in need. Why the name Heart Bandits? Because given the smallest chance to do so an American Eskimo dog will steal your heart! There is no central shelter and all dogs are in foster care until forever homes are found. Foster a Dog/Save a Life – why not give an American Eskimo dog a chance to steal your heart? Looking for fosters nationwide. PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org DIRECTLY FOR A FOSTER APPLICATION.
- Heart of Niagara (Lewiston, NY) - Heart of Niagara Animal Rescue's purpose is to protect the health and welfare of abandoned, unwanted and homeless companion animals which will help reduce the staggering number of innocent animals senselessly killed each day. We are a not for profit, 501(c)3 organization.
- K9 New Life (Virginia) - The mission of K-9 New Life is to take in dogs from shelters when they have run out of time or are injured or too sick for the shelters to handle. We provide them with health care, rehabilitation, training and a loving foster home until they can be adopted. Our focus is to give these less fortunate dogs a second chance to live the happy life they deserve.
- Labrador Friends of the South, Inc. - A non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue and adoption of homeless labs in the Southeast region.
- People United for Pets - An all volunteer, 501(c)(3) registered non-profit organization specializing in small and toy breed dog rescue. We are located in Western Washington State.
- Pit Bull Happenings, Inc. - "Pit Bull" Rescue in Florida
- Pueblo Collie/Sheltie Rescue (Colorado) - A tax-exempt, non-profit organization run solely by volunteers. We help collies, collie-mixes, shelties, and sheltie-mixes. We also help other breeds and mixed-breeds upon occasion. PCSR was founded in 1979. We are a certified rescue organization through the Colorado Board of Agriculture's State Veterinarian's office. We are members of Denver All Breed Rescue, the Collie Rescue Foundation and Best Friends Animal Network.
- Sadie Mae Foundation Animal Rescue League Inc. - A non-profit (501c3) rescue organization. We are a small group of individuals, dedicated to rescuing animals from local shelters when they have run out of time and are in danger of euthanasia. We strive to educate the public on the necessity of spaying and neutering, responsible pet ownership, and how to run animal shelters more efficiently.
- The Boxer Rescue, Inc. - a 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the New England area. Our group is made up of dedicated volunteers. These are the people who care for the homeless, abused and unwanted Boxers because they have a love and passion for the breed and believe they all deserve a second chance. Our main goal is to help boxer dogs in need and to raise awareness among the public concerning rescue.
- True Heart MinPin Rescue, Inc. - A 501(c)3, all-volunteer organization, dedicated primarily to "relocating" and "rehabilitating" abandoned, abused, homeless and shelter animals. We provide veterinary care, screen adoptive homes, give referral and breed information, and offer complimentary ground transport to some places in the United States (mostly to states in and near/bordering Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee).
- Camp Haven Kennels - We offer exceptional kennel suites for your four legged friends while you are away! Since 2001, we have never settled for anything less than excellence when it comes to the care of your loved ones. Located in Monongahela, PA.
- Morningside Animal Care Center - Full service veterinary care in Lawrenceville, GA
- All Natural Dog Training Bits - Order Natertot Bakery all natural dog training bits online and have them delivered directly to your doggie door. We only use 100% biodegradable packaging for all of our dog bakery.
- Pet Portraits by Sharon Challand
Information and Other Resources
- A Foster's Tail: Our Life With Rescued Dogs - This book is the story of one family's adventures in fostering rescued strays. A Foster's Tail chronicles the dog's life while in the care of the foster to the time the dog meets his/her new family.
- Central PA Dogs - The ultimate online resource for dog lovers in Central PA.
- DogTime - Headquartered in San Francisco, our collective experience includes years of raising dogs, writing about dogs, rescuing dogs, training dogs, walking dogs, falling in love with and having our hearts broken by dogs. With DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and in good homes by equipping novice and experienced owners alike with all the information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy.
- Drs4Pets - A collective of veterinary professionals with diverse backgrounds -- clinical vets, corporate vets, consultants and authors -- and a shared interest in animal health and pet nutrition.
- Echo-Brin Acres - Custom web design, specializing in pet-themed personal, non-profit and small business sites. Clients include rescue groups, breeders, boarding kennels and more.
- Foster Dogz Blog (southwest Virginia) - Here you can read about my experiences in the world of fostering dogs. Opportunities to foster dogs in your home will be posted. Happy Fostering!
- moderndog - The lifestyle magazine for modern dogs and their companions
- My Chiwawa - Meet The Chihuahua – He’s a friendly little guy and wants very much to please. He’s famous for being the smallest of the toy breed, but he has a ton of personality in that tiny little body. His diminutive features makes him look like a puppy forever, but it’s his great big attitude that makes fans of everyone.
- Pittsburgh Dogs - The ultimate online resource for dog lovers in Western PA
- Poochie Project - We are going to be Foster Parents! The gang and I will be fostering dogs this year to help find them forever homes.
- Puppy Musical - This website is based on the Puppy Musical video movies. To download free videos, go to our "Free Animated Videos" page. If you are looking for musicals for kids or Puppy Musical gifts, please visit our gift shop.
- Rover Recommended - Rover Recommended is here to help you discover all the dog-friendly places in the UK!
- Woof Report - Woof Report is free, weekday email newsletter that offers pup-perfect hand-picked ideas, products, services and tips for caring for and pampering your dog. We also deliver cool new people things to celebrate dog lovers, too.We sniff out the top dog blogs, websites, newsletters, magazines and pet stores to deliver the best of the best in an email every weekday.